The WIP version is available in git.
History For AdvanceCD
AdvanceCD Version 2.6.2 2005/04
- Upgraded makebootfat 1.4.
- Added the missing sbm36.raw file.
AdvanceCD Version 2.6.1 2005/02
- Fixed a build error in the makecd.bat script.
- Upgraded makebootfat 1.3.
AdvanceCD Version 2.6.0 2005/02
- Upgraded syslinux 3.08-pre4 and makebootfat 1.2. This removes the limitation of 1 GB on the USB disks, and improves the USB boot support.
- Added preliminary instruction for configuring an Arcade Monitor.
- Fixed the hiscore saving on USB writable devices.
- Added the AdvanceMAME `advcfg' and 'advv' utilities.
- Upgraded AdvanceMAME 0.92.1, AdvanceMESS 0.92.0.0 and AdvanceMENU 2.4.6.
- Upgraded ALSA 1.0.8.
- Upgraded busybox 1.00.
AdvanceCD Version 2.5.0 2004/12
- Added a new "run" command in the configuration file advcd.rc to run a specific game instead of the menu.
- Upgraded AdvanceMAME 0.89.1, AdvanceMESS 0.89.0.1 and AdvanceMENU 2.4.5.
- Upgraded makebootfat-1.1.
- Upgraded ALSA 1.0.7.
- Upgraded syslinux 2.11.
AdvanceCD Version 2.4.0 2004/06
- Added support for booting from USB and Fixed disks.
- Fixed the customization of the advmenu.rc file.
- Upgraded AdvanceMAME 0.83.0, AdvanceMESS 0.83.0.0 and AdvanceMENU 2.3.5.
- Upgraded Linux 2.4.26.
- Upgraded ALSA 1.0.5a.
- Upgraded syslinux 2.10-pre5.
AdvanceCD Version 2.3.0 2004/05
- Added AdvanceSCAN support to check your roms before making the CD.
- Upgraded AdvanceMAME 0.82.0, AdvanceMESS 0.82.0.0 and AdvanceMENU 2.3.4.
- Upgraded ALSA 1.0.4.
- Upgraded syslinux 2.09.
- Upgraded busybox 1.00pre10.
- On shutdown all the manually mounted filesystems are now unmounted.
- On shutdown the advcd0.sh script is executed if present.
- Added the SiS driver on the Linux kernel.
AdvanceCD Version 2.2.0 2004/03
- New look.
- Added support for the most recent Radeon and GeForce boards.
- Auto eject of the CD before the shutdown.
- Added support for custom configuration of the Advance programs.
- Enabled the configuration interface in the emulators. It's required to load software in MESS.
- Removed the use of doublescan modes. This is a workaround to solve some problems on buggy drivers like Radeon.
- Upgraded AdvanceMAME 0.79.2, AdvanceMESS 0.79.0.1 and AdvanceMENU 2.3.2.
- Upgraded ALSA 1.0.3b.
- Upgraded BusyBox 1.00-pre4.
AdvanceCD Version 2.1.0 2003/10
- Added support for the nVidia GeForce4 and GeForceFX boards.
- Added support for the Intel 740 boards.
- Added support for the ATI Mach64 and Rage boards.
- Removed all the old SCSI drivers. Now only the chipset AIC7xxx, AIC79xxx and NCR/SYM53C8xx are supported. This speedup the boot process and solve some compatibility problems with new laptops.
- Fixed some problems with PCs with 1GB or more system memory.
- Fixed the detection of the Joysticks connect on the game port.
- Added support for booting from an UDF filesystem.
- Added some extra key mappings.
- Added the `probewin.exe' Windows utility to check if your video card is supported or not.
- Added a list of supported sound cards.
- Fixed the support of .chd games. The .dif files are now written in memory.
- Upgraded AdvanceMAME 0.76.1, AdvanceMESS 0.74.0.1 and AdvanceMENU 2.2.14.
- Upgraded ALSA 0.9.7c.
AdvanceCD Version 2.0.1 2003/09
- Fixed a typo in the mkcdnix.sh script.
AdvanceCD Version 2.0.0 2003/09
- Simplified the ISO image creation process.
- The Scale2x effect is now automatically enabled for games with a small screen.
- Now only the the Linux FrameBuffer drivers are used. The SVGALIB library was removed.
- Added a new graphics skin for the booting process and for AdvanceMENU.
- Before the poweroff you have time to eject the CDROM.
- Disabled all the special MAME keys and menus. Now you can only play games.
- Upgraded AdvanceMAME 0.73.1, AdvanceMESS 0.73.0.1 and AdvanceMENU 2.2.12.
- Upgraded Linux 2.4.22 + i810fb/savagefb/vmwarefb patches.
- Upgraded ALSA library 0.9.6.
- Upgraded syslinux 2.06.
AdvanceCD Version 1.1.0 2003/04
- Added detailed instructions on how to add roms at the CD.
- Added isapnptools/pciutils/usbutils to detect PnP/PCI/USB hardware. This reduces a lot the boot time.
- Updated AdvanceMAME 0.66.0, AdvanceMESS 0.66.0.0 and AdvanceMENU 2.2.4. This solves the problem with the 3dfx video boards, add a global volume control, and fixes a FrameBuffer color problem.
- Removed the old not PnP hardware detection. The boot is now a lot faster.
- Added a preliminary Linux Frame Buffer support. You can select it at boot time. Try it if the SVGALIB video drivers are not working.
- Added SCSI support.
- Removed support to boot from floppy.
- Upgraded ALSA 0.9.1.
- Added some patches at the SVGALIB 1.9.17 library to solve some possible problems.
- The emulators are now configured to exit after 3 minutes of inactivity.
AdvanceCD Version 1.0.0 2003/01
- First public release.