You can boot it in any PC and play the contained games without any installation. The default distribution contains the arcade games Gridlee, Poly Play and Robby Roto and it uses only 20 Mbyte leaving the whole disk for your roms.
The scope of AdvanceCD is to transform any PC in a gaming console. You can give it to all the not expert users, which are not able to download and install emulators and roms.
If you are an addicted player, it's also nice to have a tascable mini-cd or USB disk with your favorite games to play everywhere.
The main features are :
- High quality look and usability.
- Boot from CD, DVD, USB and Fixed disks.
- Contains AdvanceMAME, AdvanceMESS and the frontend AdvanceMENU.
- Uses only 20 Mbyte on the disk.
- Autodetects your video/audio/joystick/mouse/keyboard hardware using the Linux drivers.
AdvanceCD is now a bit outdated, likely you want to try the new and similar project GroovyArcade.